Psychotherapy + Coaching
Welcome to my private practice page.
"Therapeutic Coaching" is a combination of psychotherapy and life coaching, drawing on the best of both approaches.
Many people, men especially, have some shame in admitting they could benefit from therapy or coaching. A lot of that comes from common misconceptions about what psychotherapy or coaching is.
Therapeutic coaching is not about prescribing pills, giving out quick fix solutions, or just sitting on a couch talking about your problems.
Do you need therapeutic coaching?
Here are some signs you should consider therapeutic coaching:
- You have little control over your emotions or thoughts, such as experienced in angry outbursts, fear of intimacy, social anxiety, sexual shame, bouts of depression, etc.
- You have compulsive behaviors that interfere with other areas of your life, i.e., over-reliance on porn, drug or alcohol abuse, etc.
- You had a difficult upbringing, had an absent parent, or a toxic relationship with your parents
- You've suffered any trauma in your life
- Most of your personal relationships are dysfunctional or unhealthy (lots of conflict, blame or guilt, fighting, arguments, etc.). This includes friendships, intimate relationships, or family dynamics.
- You are overly pre-occupied with any single aspect of your life. Common examples include an obsessive focus on being perceived as "high status," cool, or popular, or on pleasing or impressing other people, or feeling a constant need for approval from others, or feeling like you're not enough, etc.
Getting guidance with any of these is nothing to be ashamed of. Mentorship in these areas can make the difference between a happy, healthy life and a miserable, conflict-ridden life. It completely transformed my own life.
If you've read this far, then you're likely considering getting therapeutic coaching, which can help with any of the following:
- How to transform psychological issues, such as neediness, shame, depression, shyness, anxiety, procrastination, or perfectionism
- How to clarify or accomplish personal or professional goals
- How to grow through interpersonal problems, such as relationship issues, people-pleasing, passive-aggression, or judgmentalism
- How to improve communication or negotiation skills
- How to heal emotional wounds from your formative years, such as shame, abandonment, guilt, low self-esteem, feeling judged, feeling unlovable, feeling worthless
- How to achieve a healthy and effective work-life balance
- How to develop healthy capacities, such as love, personal power, self-confidence, life purpose, flow, creativity, peace, vitality, clarity, contribution
If any of these appeal to you, then therapeutic coaching may be the right approach for you.
After resigning from my university position as a tenure-track professor of philosophy specializing in Asian philosophy and moral psychology, I then embarked on an exciting decade-long career as a dating coach.
While I enjoyed outward success, I could no longer distract myself from the emptiness of life in a purely material world. My quest for the meaning of life eventually forced me to confront my own personal demons and drove me to the brink of suicide.
Fortunately, I discovered clinical psychology and began the study and practice of psychotherapy, especially IFS Therapy, which pointed out the why's and how's to the questions I had been asking.
While I don't have all the answers -- I'm still learning more every week! -- I have come a long way. And I'd like to help you on your journey -- to heal, grow, be free, and thrive.
Before You Begin
Note that this sign up page is for David Tian's Therapeutic Coaching practice ONLY. While issues involving dating may arise naturally during our therapeutic coaching work, this page is not intended for dating coaching. If you're interested in dating coaching, go to this other page instead.
If you'd like the opportunity to take advantage of my unique mix of skills, expertise, and experience, and get therapeutic coaching from me, then read on and click the button below!
While I'd like to help as many people as I can, I have limited availability of appointment slots. If you are interested in Therapeutic Coaching with David Tian, check below if the "Reserve Now" button is showing. If there is no payment button showing, that means my schedule is completely full at the moment. If you'd like to be placed on the waiting list, or you'd like a referral for another therapist, contact my wonderful support team at: support "at" auratransformation.org and someone from our team will respond to you as soon as possible.
Before you place your deposit, please read the following terms and conditions very carefully:
Although licensing is not required to practice psychotherapy or coaching in Singapore or Taiwan, I'd like to apprise you that I am NOT a licensed mental health worker and cannot prescribe medication. If you have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder or are suffering from severe trauma, please take this into consideration.
All communications in our private sessions are confidential and privileged, with only the following exceptions:
- Recordings of our sessions may be shared with my therapy supervisor for the purposes of supervision only
- I have a duty to report incidences of child abuse being perpetrated
- I have a duty to prevent harm to the clients themselves or to someone else, should such plans be disclosed to me
Get Started Here
Currently, there are no slots available for new clients. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please click the link below to send a message to our support team, or email us directly at support “at” auratransformation.org